First timer- 3-2-1 ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Mummel, yes, the 1 is for numerous purposes, first it will help the meat firm back up some, not completely away from fall off the bone, but will firm up some and it'ts also used to set any sauces or glazes you might want to add for another layer of flavor. 
So you could do that final step (1) in the oven right, cause youre no longer smoking?

Yes sir you sure could, for that matter, once you wrap, you can move them into the oven.  Just be careful to not spill all the juices out of the foil into the oven, the wife will not be happy!   If I do that I usually place the foil packages onto baking sheets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky