First time venison bratwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papa t

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Harrietta Michigan
Hay guys
Its papa.t i have recently made some venison bratwurst that turned out outstanding
And felt i would pass on the recipe.
Are you 7 pounds of venison burger and7 pounds of ground pork butt
Four eggs and a pint and a half of milk plus 3 cups powdered milk 1 1/2 tablespoons of pepper 3/4 tablespoons nutmeg 1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger 6 tablespoons of sea salt fine one and 1/2 tablespoons onion powder 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder three force tablespoon of cumin for also used 32 mm natural hog casing.
Start by grinding up your venison and your pork butt using the hamburger grinder attachment that I went ahead and mixed all the ingredients together with the venison and the pork that I went ahead and use the same attachment which is the hamburger attachment and also added the 32 mm nozzle for stuffing sausage and it ended up making 55 bratwurst here's a pic Since spelling and grammar are not my strong points here is the recipe broken down for what you need.
9lbs venison burger
7lbs pork butt ground up
4eggs
1 pint and one half milk
3 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 T pepper
3/4 ground nutmeg
1 1/2 t ground ginger
6T sea salt (fine)
1 1/2 T onion powder
1 1/2 T garlic powder
3/4 T cumin powder

Last edited:
Sorry everyone that spell check some time's changes words.
It should say a pint ans a half milk i used whole milk. Hope this helps.
Papa t.

Sorry everyone that spell check some time's changes words.
It should say a pint ans a half milk i used whole milk. Hope this helps.
Papa t.
"and a pint and a half of milk 3 cups powdered milk"

Sorry, one more question, is it 1 1/2 pints of milk AND 3 cups of powdered milk?

Is it either, or both?

Thanks again.  No commas make it a little confusing.

Thanks

Just to be sure, is this your recipe?

9 pounds of venison burger and 7 pounds of ground pork butt

4 eggs

1 1/2 pint of milk

3 cups powdered milk

1 1/2 tablespoons of pepper

3/4 tablespoons nutmeg

1 1/2 teaspoons of ginger

6 tablespoons of sea salt fine

1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder

1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder

3/4 tablespoon of cumin

used 32 mm natural hog casing.

Looks wright pugsbrew . I wrote it out on the first post to help people out because I know my spellings and grammar are BAD enough then throw in auto correct its all down hill after that. Good luck I hope you like them as much as we do .
Thanks papa t.

Are you happy with the texture? I've done a number of sausages with duck, venison and moose, and not drying out the sausage while smoking has caused me a couple of problems.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky