First Time Smoking Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamafan15

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 22, 2014
Tennessee
Got em rubbed down with Jeff's rub and waiting for my MES30 to come up to temp. Going to smoke em with a mix of hickory and apple. Wish me luck. Here is the before qview and I will post an after once they are done.

Those look way better than my first batch of ribs. The only thing missing is my invitation to dinner. Well done.

Disco

Those look way better than my first batch of ribs. The only thing missing is my invitation to dinner. Well done.

Disco
Thanks. Room for improvement as always but very pleased for the first time out. 

How'd they turn out as far as tenderness? I've smoked them without wrapping them plenty of times but they are never tender enough for me.

How'd they turn out as far as tenderness? I've smoked them without wrapping them plenty of times but they are never tender enough for me.

They were not fall off the bone fall apart tender but once you ate them they did come clean off the bone.

Last edited:
Nice!  Those look delicious...very nice job!  
icon14.gif

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky