• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Time Smoking Ribs

bamafan15

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2014
Got em rubbed down with Jeff's rub and waiting for my MES30 to come up to temp. Going to smoke em with a mix of hickory and apple. Wish me luck. Here is the before qview and I will post an after once they are done.

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Looking good so far...keep us posted!

Red

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Those look way better than my first batch of ribs. The only thing missing is my invitation to dinner. Well done.

Disco

bamafan15

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2014

Those look way better than my first batch of ribs. The only thing missing is my invitation to dinner. Well done.

Disco
Thanks. Room for improvement as always but very pleased for the first time out. 

hillbillyrkstr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2013
How'd they turn out as far as tenderness? I've smoked them without wrapping them plenty of times but they are never tender enough for me.

bamafan15

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 22, 2014
How'd they turn out as far as tenderness? I've smoked them without wrapping them plenty of times but they are never tender enough for me.
They were not fall off the bone fall apart tender but once you ate them they did come clean off the bone.

Last edited:

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Nice!  Those look delicious...very nice job!  

Red

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.