First time smoking a whole pig

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK, I am going to ask a dumb question here. 

I would like to do this when the weather warms up in Michigan (so not for quite a while) but I know the whole pig is going to bother my wife. However I am still planning on doing this.

My question is this, what do you do with the head? I know this will be the main part that bothers her.
You can order your pig minus the head. But you will not get to eat the cheeks and jowls and those are like the filet mignon of a pig roast.
Keep Smokin!!!
Wolf

Make sure you remove the eyes before cooking so you don't have to worry about them popping and running down the face.
This was one of the worst things I've ever had to do when we roasted a suckling pig years ago. Since it was a baby, the eyes were bright blue. Still have nightmares about that!

good looking piglet stanley, nice smoke.
grilling_smilie.gif

Thank you. Melting my big smoker out of the snow right now to do 6 racks of st.louis and 2 racks of beefback ribs for Superbowl Sunday.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky