First time smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schaeff33

Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Hey Everybody,

I'm new to the site found it looking for advice on smoking.  I just finished my first smoke this past weekend.  I just got my new brinkmann smoker and smoked a pork butt and beef brisket.  I used a dry rub with mesquite wood chunks and charcoal.  Learned a few lessons but overall turned out pretty good.  I'm looking forward to this weekend where I will try smoking something different.....thinking maybe some sausage.  Thanks to everybody who posted tips on other threads (too many to name by name).  Lots of good advice on this site. 

Thanks again and Happy Smoking....

Glad you had a good first smoke.

Just remember keep notes when you smoke so you know what does good and what not so much. keep learning ,it only gets better.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome to the SMF, sounds like you've got the itch to smoking it up! It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

welcome, youll find these ladies and gentlemen are the neatest people around. they know alot to.

they turned me into a total know nothing to somthing that can be dangerous if let loose alone.

let your addiction soar.

Welcome had my first smoke last weekend and learned alot from just looking around on here. Knowledge is power and most of these guys have a ton of experience so anything you could think to ask I would. Congrats and happy SMOKING

Wecome friend. Looks like your enjoying the fine art of smoking!! Next thing you might check into is the e-course here. Very helpful!

AND DON'T FORGET THE QVIEW!!

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky