First time smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dispatcher46

Original poster
Aug 13, 2016
Union County, NJ
Hello all!! A few weeks ago was my first time using my new smoker.  Its really nothing fancy as my budget didn't allow for anything more BUT I got some really delicious ribs.  I'm from NJ and I am a 911 dispatcher and EMT.  I am using my smoker today for the second time, ribs again 
drool.gif

Last time I did ribs I used cherry wood, this time I decided to try sugar maple wood.  I hope they come out good.  Just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to reading some of these threads and learning a lot about BBQ

Welcome to you.

One of the first things you will find out is that

expensive or cheap, they will all turn out good food.

In this little addiction, it's mostly you that determines

the quality of the food.

At first it's all very confusing, and scary, it gets easier each time.

Pictures of your smokes are good things.

Have FUN.

Ed

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a much needed rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Welcome to the Forum from North Texas!

Glad to have you a part of the group, tons of information on the site and feel free to ask any questions, this site is full of great cooks with a bunch of knowledge!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky