First time smoker, long time griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fizhd

Original poster
Dec 27, 2016
Westport, IN
Greetings,

Well today is the first day smoking on the WSM. I did a dry run a few day ago.  I got the rub on the baby backs and put them in the fridge for an hour. 

Weather today: 44f off and on sprinkle of rain with wind 15 gusting to 30+. Good Times.

Minion method. It took a little bit to get up to temp but has been holding around 220 on the dome thermometer. Sounds good to me.

Ribs have been on for a little over 1.5hrs. Haven't peeked yet. 

I will attempt a couple pics. 

Rub

WSM in the ready

After an hour in the fridge

I added a little more rub before I put them on.

I'll try to add another pic when I open the lid after 2 hours.

Smoke it,

John

Unwrapped and back on the WSM. The full rack was pretty tender. The one narrow piece is pulled back quite a bit. I am using the 2-2-1 method.

Fresh out of foil

John

Last edited:
Final product. 

Neighbors are over for dinner and new years. They said the ribs were awesome. My wife and I thought they were great too.

I couldn't be happier. 

Final

Thank to all the info on this forum!

Thanks,

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky