First time pickles

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Followed Al’s recipe, but boiled the jars to make them shelf stable. The wait is going to be terrible.
473A9D84-3861-42DF-A42B-DFC3E4F0328C.jpeg

Once the wait is over and you try them I'm sure they won't be your last. I make several different kinds. Took 3 jars to my daughter today- she loves them also.

Reactions: 6GRILLZNTN
I love following along with the non-smoker related stuff just as much as the smoked meats. I learn so much, can't wait to hear how they are!

Nice. Love me some home made pickles
Thanks Jake. Have a good 4th buddy!
Dave
Once the wait is over and you try them I'm sure they won't be your last. I make several different kinds. Took 3 jars to my daughter today- she loves them also.
I grew up on my Grandmother's homemade pickles. I thought it was time to make my own. Happy 4th!
I love following along with the non-smoker related stuff just as much as the smoked meats. I learn so much, can't wait to hear how they are!
I can't wait either. Happy 4th, and most importantly, GO VOLS!

Dave
Nice pickles Dave, it’s gonna be a hell of a wait!
Yes it will be. Going to start taste testing in a couple of weeks. Happy 4th Ray.
Dave
Nice looking job.

Warren
Thanks Warren. Happy 4th!
Dave

Reactions: tander28
Reactions: smoothbiker
Pickles look great Dave! I have about 30 jars of Al's garlic dills in the fridge I did back in February. Bout time to pop them open!

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks Steve! I'm burning through a jar a day, I need to up my game!

Dave

Roadside stands around here are starting to have fresh cukes. I'm waiting for the pickling cukes to show up. Then I'll do 5 to 10 pound batches. I use either Al's recipe. Or one based on his recipe. I just opened a jar that I did last Sept. The color on them is perfect. And still just as crunchy. Thanks to the Al's tip on soaking them in ice water. And using pickle crisp.

Reactions: smoothbiker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky