First Time On Kamado Joe Jr.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rileybowler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2015
Did a spatchcock chicken for my first cook on this bad little boy, had to play with the vents a little but
got it dialed in and the chicken looks great.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 79
Looks like a good bird! Spatchcock is my favorite way to cook a chicken by far.
Yes it did come out good very moist and tasted great and I think it will even be better tomorrow. This was my first spatchcock and will probably do this way from now on, one of the good things about cooking it like this is the rub gets on both sides

Yes it did come out good very moist and tasted great and I think it will even be better tomorrow. This was my first spatchcock and will probably do this way from now on, one of the good things about cooking it like this is the rub gets on both sides
Definitely. I’d also recommend trying Brick chicken, which is the same, but you put meat side down first then put a foil wrapped brick on top of the cavity to press it down. Great work!

Did a spatchcock chicken for my first cook on this bad little boy, had to play with the vents a little but
got it dialed in and the chicken looks great.
Looks great and nice setup! Glad you got it up and running , you’ll have good fun with it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky