First time jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fliptetlow

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Woodsmere, FL.
Well this is my first batch of jerky, making it out of some venison with High Country packs. Going at 120 for about 1 ½ then bump up to about 140 or so depending on how it goes. Cut it up yesterday and let it sit in the frig overnight. Using oak as heat and will toss in some hickory a bit later for a little smoke.

Will post some more pics later today.   

Off to a good start! 
thumb1.gif
  I'm in 
popcorn.gif

That is one beautiful smoker... and some great looking jerky!  I wish i could do a batch that big... lol... I brought a big bag to work today and it got gobbled up.. fast!  :)

Thanks, think it was over cooked a bit. Making sure it was up to temp and maybe overdid it a touch. Next time will take it off a bit early, still very good and over half gone. Trying to save some for when my boys get here this weekend for a visit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky