First time brisket cook time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Notsob17

Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
I am going to smoke a 12lb packer on my reverse flow smoker this weekend. I plan on wrapping at 160. I will try to keep the cooking temp at 225 in the smoker. I have read where a ballpark time per pound is 1 1/2 hrs. Is that figure based on not wrapping? What would it be roughly if i wrapped? Im trying to figure out when i need to put it on to have ready for dinner. Thanks

Don't wrap unless you need to speed the cook and don't want a firm bark. The stall is natural - 1.5 is a ballpark. Depends on the density of the muscle and variables only that steer knows. I like 203 for finish internal - dependent on airflow, you could be done in 8 or it might take 15.. Good luck and post!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky