First Test of New Toy (Chicken Parts)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
First Test of New Toy (Chicken Parts)
"Emeril’s Power Air Fryer 360"

OK—Here it is—I told you guys I’d report on this New Toy!
So I’ll re-brief you all on how we got to this point:
On or about 2 years ago I got myself a “PowerAirFryer XL” to be able to Fry foods without oil, and relatively fast.
I made a bunch of things, like Sausage, Fries, Dogs, Stromboli, and Chicken parts. All of those things came out Great, except the chicken, mainly because I tried to do 4 Thighs at one time, and it was just too crowded down in that little basket.
The chicken thighs were pale & mushy, and it took a lot longer than it was supposed to, to get them to that point. I never tried Thighs again, because I never wanted to do 2 or less at one time.
Most of the other things were a problem with size too, such as I had to do very small amounts of French Fries, because the ones on top would affect the ones below. Also when I made sausages, I could only do 4 without them interfering with each other, so if I had a pack of 6, I’d do 3 at a time in batches.

Then they came out with the newer one that is very similar to mine, but it has a couple of racks, a Rotisserie, and a Rotating Basket for Fries & such. So although I really liked the Air Fryer I had, I wished I hadn’t bought it until that newer one came on the market. So I just kept using the one I had.

Then they came out with this new one. I saw it on an Infomercial starring Emeril, and it really looked Great. Naturally a guy like Emeril can make any cooking item look better than it is, but this thing still looked Great.
We were already out of room on our limited counter top space, but I figured our old Toaster Oven has been making strange “Growling” noises anyway, and this thing would just about fit in the same spot, next to the kitchen stove.

So they had their special price of 4 payments of $49.99, which included the Rotisserie, 1 Pizza Rack, 1 Wire Basket, 1 Bottom Drip Pan, and 1 Baking Pan, and if you got it from Emeril’s ordering site or his phone ordering place, you would get his recipe book too. So I ordered it on a Sunday from their Web Site for $199.96 + Tax, they shipped it on Monday, and I got it Wednesday Morning. The shipping was FREE.

Got it out of the box, and put it in place. It’s only a little bigger than my old Toaster Oven, but it also needs at least 5” clearance in all directions. We just put the old Toaster Oven on a table in the basement, just in case we don’t like this thing.

First Try with my new “Emeril’s Power Air Fryer 360”

So we put a good Breading on 3 nice Chicken Drums & 3 Thighs, and put them in the Fridge a few hours for the breading to set good.
Then I sprayed both sides with a little olive oil, put the Parts in the Crisper Basket, and put it in the Fryer, on position #2, above the Baking Pan.
I started set on “Roast”, at 400°, with the Fan on. Seemed too hot, so after 15 minutes I changed the Temp to 380°.
I checked at 33 minutes, and they were all already above 180°, so I shut it down.

They were awesome!! In fact these may have been the best Fried Breaded Chicken pieces I’ve ever had.
Crispy on the outside, tender & juicy inside, awesome flavor, and not a hint of grease.

Don’t know what we’ll try next, but I think the next time I do Chicken parts, I’m going with 380° with the Fan on, and check them at about 30 minutes.

Too early to tell, but I kinda like this thing already. Got a lot to learn though, because there’s a lot of controls on this thing.
Supposedly this thing has 5 heating elements & a fan, Hence “The 360 in the name”—As in 360° directional heat.
They brag that it does an assortment of 9 different types of cooking, but it remains to be seen, as how good it does each.

Only thing that bothers me so far is that the back, top & both sides really get hot to the touch—I mean Really Hot !!

That’s about it so far, after one experimental Test.

Thanks for stopping by,

Bear

"Emeril's Power Air Fryer 360", closed with Rotisserie Spit in the foreground:
IMG_3572.jpg

New Toy with door open:
IMG_3573.jpg

Drums & Thighs on sale for 88 cents per pound:
IMG_3564.jpg

3 Drums & 3 Thighs Breaded & in the Crisper Tray:
IMG_3565.jpg

All done, Skin side:
IMG_3566.jpg

Back side:
IMG_3567.jpg

Bear's Supper:
IMG_3568.jpg

Second Night's Supper:
IMG_3570.jpg

Wow great report, those look awesome!
I look forward to future reports. Any chance we see something like a country fried or chicken fried steak? :)

Man what Color !! Looks Great and plenty big

"I Like it"

Gary

I've seen this fryer pop up on facebook quite a bit lately, but even with Emeril's name tacked to it I'm always hesitant to spend $200 on something without some decent reviews.

For your chicken, did you have to flip or rotate them through the cooking process? That's one pet peeve I have with my old air fryer that was a Christmas gift.

I've seen this fryer pop up on facebook quite a bit lately, but even with Emeril's name tacked to it I'm always hesitant to spend $200 on something without some decent reviews.

For your chicken, did you have to flip or rotate them through the cooking process? That's one pet peeve I have with my old air fryer that was a Christmas gift.

Didn't have to flip with this batch, and the bottom side was Done almost exactly like the top.
Wouldn't hurt to flip, but not entirely necessary.
That was one of my dislikes with my old PowerAirFryer XL. Too small & had to flip everything because the air couldn't get to the bottom.

This one has 5 heating elements, all over the place, and a fan, so the heat is coming at 360°, which is why the "360" is in the name.

Bear

Excellent looking fried chicken bear, any plans for the first rotisserie cook?

Point for sure
Chris

Sure looks good . Did you do the potatoes in there the second night ?

Thank You Rich!!
The Fries were frozen, and I just heated them.
And Thanks for the Like.
I'm planning on making some Tater wedges in it before too long.

Bear

Wow great report, those look awesome!
I look forward to future reports. Any chance we see something like a country fried or chicken fried steak? :)

Thank You Tall !!
Possibly, but it's not near the top of my list.
We used to consider that was punishment when we had that, and couldn't figure out what we did wrong.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Excellent looking fried chicken bear, any plans for the first rotisserie cook?

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Yup---Once I understand the controls better, I'm leaning on starting with an easy one first---Maybe a Piece of Pork Loin.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great! I'm interested on your thoughts with the rotisserie with this. I came very close to getting this. But, I wanted to hear some trusted reviews first. Such as yours.

Looks like the chicken turned out excellent. Will be watching for future cooks.

Thank You Rider!!
I'll be doing more here & there. I was going to use it today, but I have a 24 hour SV going, and I don't have enough Amps in my kitchen for 2 big toys at once.:emoji_angry:
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

looks great bear, i've seen these before and thought about getting one, read quite a few reviews but to tell you the truth your review is the only I would go by, for some reason I just don't trust the internet reviews to much. thanks for taking the time to fill us in.

Looks great! I'm interested on your thoughts with the rotisserie with this. I came very close to getting this. But, I wanted to hear some trusted reviews first. Such as yours.

Give me some time on this. There's so much to do with this thing, and a lot of controls to learn.
The Rotisserie doesn't look like much, but I won't know until I try it.
The only Rotisserie I ever used was my "Showtime", and I loved that, but the cord gets way to hot on that thing.
Like I said above, So far I like it, but I only did the Chick Parts, so far, and the only thing I don't like is how hot the back, top, and sides get. My old toaster oven got hot on the top, but not near as hot as this one's back & sides get.

I read a lot of reviews, and the thing I noticed most was the complaints about costing from $60 to $100 to send it back if they don't like it.

It's pretty new yet, I guess, because there really isn't many YouTubes on specifically using this "AirFryer 360".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky