First stuffed pork loin

Discussion in 'Pork' started by beer, May 19, 2009.

1. So i've cooked many a pork loin in my day, but never really thought about stuffing one until I was inspired by some of the posts on this site. I wish I had seen them sooner, cause this turned out fantastic. I decided to wait until next time to try and fillet it, and opted for a pocket, cut in the center. The stuffing was a mixture of cream cheese, strawberry preserves, brown sugar, salt & pepper, and some basil paste. I used tooth picks to close up the pocket. Topped it with a pretty basic dry rub, mostly salt, pepper, and brown sugar, then threw it on the smoker at about 225. I mopped it a few times with Sportsman's Gold port wine and herb sauce, which ended up being a delicious compliment to the sweet stuffing. It got pulled off the smoker and foiled at 155 degrees and left to rest. I have to say, this was some of the best pork I've made! Can't wait to actually fillet one out next time.

2. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] Looks great, Thanks for sharing.

I really need to do one of these, just haven't yet. Sure does look good

3. Looks great strawberry preserves interesting looks like I have something else to make GREAT JOB

4. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Great looking loin. Thanks for the pics.

5. slanted88

slanted88 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Man ya done good! Thanks for sharing yer idea. Strawberries...nice!

6. irishteabear

irishteabear Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That sounds good and looks it too. Great job. [​IMG]

7. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I agree, sounds tasty. I like your choice of fillings and the port wine mop...very interesting. Good job outta you!

8. azrocker

azrocker Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Points for creativity![​IMG]