First Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pastafazool

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 27, 2017
Miller Place, New York
Today I made a pork Loin stuffed with apple
Pie filling, spinach and pineapple wrapped in bacon. I was smoked for approximately 5 hours. I started at 225. After 2 1/2 hours I reduce the temperature to 215 because I felt it was cooking to fast. I had company schedules for 5 PM. If I did not adjust the roast would have been done around 4 pm.

As a result of reducing the temperature I developed a slight smoke ring. I use the MES 40 with the AMNPS with the Pitmasters Blend.

Guest and my wife loved it.

looks real nice ... but the interal should have been right at 145 ... every loin I do nearly takes 2 hrs at 225 to reach an internal of 145... looks real nice though ,,,,

I don't think he mentioned internal temp.
Cool fillings idea..[emoji]128512[/emoji]
my last rolled pork loin was over 5 lbs and took 4 hours plus. It was 235 IT after 3 hours. I see it in my post from July 9th. I did it at 225

Last edited:
Looks Great, Fazool !!!
icon14.gif
---
points.gif

Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

I did two of them with Apple Pie filling, totaling about 10 pounds, using 220°, and they took 4 1/2 hours to get over 145°.

Here they are:

Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin (Apple)

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky