First Sourdough Bread From My Starter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I have been putting off making sourdough bread for one reason. Not having a good round dutch oven. I do have cast iron pot for roasts and shaped more like an egg. I could not wait any longer so I decided to use it instead. The recipe I followed was for a much smaller dutch oven then my pot but in the end it seems to have worked out other then some slight burning on the sides of the bread.
Man I have to ask how do you guys slice this bread?? Hard crust and super soft spongee in the center makes it hard to cut even with a large serrated bread knife.
Was the tasting piece any good......HELL YA

20240328_124616.jpg
20240328_124748.jpg

Slice?.....Slice? You mean you dont just tear off hunks like a barbarian and eat it? :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:
Man I got the same question.....Wonder if my bread knife is dull or what I'm doing wrong.
Oh, and thats a great looking loaf!

Jim

Slice?.....Slice? You mean you dont just tear off hunks like a barbarian and eat it? :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:
Man I got the same question.....Wonder if my bread knife is dull or what I'm doing wrong.
Oh, and thats a great looking loaf!

Jim
A lady freind who makes sourdough said to use a sharp fillet knife. She said it works great. When not sure ask the ladies LOL
I was thinking using my band saw :)

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
A lady freind who makes sourdough said to use a sharp fillet knife. She said it works great. When not sure ask the ladies LOL
I was thinking using my band saw :)
Whats a woman know about kitchen stuff? Sheesh! Never thought about a fillet knife....And I have thought about a power tool!

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: KBFlyer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky