First Smoked Chicken on New Rig w/Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

xxsmokin foolxx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 31, 2012
Waynesboro, PA USA
Hey everyone!  I just bought this new rig last weekend.  Got it seasoned and ready to go for this weekend.  I decided to do a 6 # Whole chicken and here's what I ended up with.

Chargriller Smokin' Pro

First time spraying it down

Ready to come off.

All in all it was a pretty good 1st smoke/ test run.  I plan on doing a brisket tomorrow and 3 racks of baby backs on Sunday.  I'll be posting in beef for some ?'s about brisket.  Thanks for looking  :)

Thank you, tyvm  :)  I went almost a year without having one after I started. . . . and I have never been more filled with anxiety in my life.  So happy I got into it and a big shoutout to the SMF for all the help the last couple years

Good looking bird, but why the 2009 date
icon_question.gif
 . I'm mixed - up.....

Looks good! I have a bird in the brine gettin ready to smoke tomorrow! I used some white wine with some brown sugar and a little salt. Haven't decided to spatchcock it or leave it whole.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky