First Smoke Tonight, Thighs and breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fyrefightr

Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Simpsonville, SC

Hi, just did my first smoke tonight for dinner. Dont have any pics but man was it awesome. My thermometer with my masterbuilt propane smoker has been stuck on 250 since I bought it, I ordered a Maverick 732 but it is due to come in tomorrow. I couldnt wait any longer to use my smoker so I created a rub using Garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, greek seasoning and a little cajun seasoning. Bought some thighs and breasts so if I ruined it, it wasnt an expensive experiment with no thermometer. I set it on medium heat and smoked it for 90 minutes where my meat thermometer showed 180.  OMG it was awesome. I hope to do ribs this weekend after getting the good thermometer in.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your first smoke! 
thumb1.gif

439.gif

However you know what they say...........

th_nopicsye3.gif

biggrin.gif

Yes Sir, after your post I looked up how to add a pic to the post and did so.  Your right, no pic, no proof!!! Hope to post pics of labor day ribs this weekend! Have a great day and stay safe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky