First smoke today post

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those chicken breasts look incredible!! Abt's do too. You gonna share your recipes and methods or hold out on us?!? WE WANT DETAILS!!!

Oh, and congrats on your first smoke. Looks like you're a pro already!

Thanks guys, they were pretty delicious too. As for the recipe i used...the brine for the chicken was just salt, garlic powder, onion powder, whole peppercorns, a little brown sugar, some of the rub i was going to use and i threw in some parsley flakes i had in the cabinet. The only thing i measured was a half cup of kosher salt in a gallon of water. I then brined them for about 8 hrs. Then rinsed and patted dry. I peeled the skin off added the rub, just one i found at the store, the put the skin back over the chicken and added more rub on top the skin. Then sat them in the fridge for about 5 hrs, then took them out for an hour before i threw them on the smoker. As for the ABTs just cut the jalapenos in half and stuffed with a mix of cream cheese, chedder cheese, garlic and diced green onions.

And i used hickory chips. The chicken smoked for about 3.5 hrs and the abts were on for about 2 hrs

The propane master forge 2 door model from lowes. I did use the water pan filled with a mixture of water and beer.

I did use the water pan filled with a mixture of water and beer.
You are going to learn to sit your beer down while loading the pit, less spillage in the pan.
Beer.gif

The propane master forge 2 door model from lowes. I did use the water pan filled with a mixture of water and beer.
Don't waste your beer. You could always try using playbox sand. It will give you higher smoker temps and more consistency.  Just cover it will a sheet of aluminum foil to catch the spatters. Also you can remoisten it and use it several times. Foil the pan first then add the sand.

Flash, i have seen alot of peope talk about using sand. I think i'll give it a try soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky