First Smoke Right Now!! 13# Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
8:47pm8:53pmI'm confused...

Anyway - I'm in the thirteenth hour since the brisket went into the smoker, fat side down the entire time. Meat Temp is 170° and rising approx. 2° each hour. Just foiled it, fat side up. Plan on pulling the brisket out at 190° and wrapping it up and putting it in a cooler for the night.

So, if I can make it to Spoons Coffee House on N. Wellwood Avenue by noon, youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll run me up a sammich, right?
icon_wink.gif

SmokeEater, sound's like your in the last stretch now
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
, after you foil it and put it in the cooler get some well deserved sleep and dream of the thin blue smoke and some brisket for breakfast!!!

Hit 190° at 11:20pm. Pulled it out and wrapped it in another layer of foil, and set it in a cooler that I pre-heated w/ boiling water. Surrounded the brisket with towels fresh out of a hot dryer. Over the past hour, the meat temp only rose 1°, but has since dropped down to 189°. I have heard that meat temperature will continue to rise almost 10° after being removed from a heat source.
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif
Go figure...

I'm glad I wrapped the water pan w/ foil as clean-up there was easy. The rest will have to wait till tomorrow, as I am off to bed
icon_neutral.gif

Well folk's it looks like we have a 13# bouncing baby brisket!!!!
icon_razz.gif

SmokeEater, Job well done, enjoy the fruits of your labor tommorow
smile.gif

Super job SmokeEater, enjoy that brisket. Let us know how it tastes.

Keep Smokin

PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif
Well, it's morning here in NY. Almost 8am. Slept 7 hours, but it feels like I worked last night. The meat is still in the cooler, running at about 154° (again this thermometer is awesome - don't know how people can say bad things about them).

PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
Looking for recipes for baked beans, and was also wondering if I need to make any sauce for the brisket. Any bean recipes? Thoughts/recipes for brisket sauces?

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Thank you all again for helping me give birth to my beautiful baby brisket! I couldn't have done it without you - well, I coulda, but she woulda been UGLY, BURNT & DRY!!!

PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
Pictures of my baby will be posted later, when she comes out of the incubator.

Awesome job SmokeEater...waiting for final pics..drooling just thinking about about it.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Whipped up some of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans, along with some ABTs that I stuffed with a combination of sausage, grated pecorino romano cheese, and soft cream cheese with chive & onion. Gonna smoke them this afternoon. Friends coming over around 3ish. Meat temp just fell to 139°, and it is still wrapped in foil and in the oven now.

Brisket:
What temp should I keep the oven at?
Should I slice it up now, or wait till later?

ABTs & beans:
Do I smoke the ABTs & beans at 225°?
Smoke for 2.5-3 hours?

Can I smoke corn? If so, how?
679d54ce_vbattach11702.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky