First Smoke on new RF Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mismith

Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
Locust, NC
Finally got a chance to fire up our new RF Smoker this weekend. This was our first time ever using an offset stick burner. We cooked 2 butts and a whole chicken. I gave some of the pulled pork to a friend which landed us a catering job for a "sweet sixteen" birthday party later this year. We used all Hickory, no charcoal, wanted to see if we could do it the old fashioned way. Overall, I would say it was a big success. Thanks for all the good info. on this site!

Michael

TBS

kept her between 225 and 250

she liked a wide open vent

nice smoke ring

good lookin smoker and food! I like those gauges, I think those are the ones I'm going to go with on my build the black face on a black pit just makes it look like it was ment to be haha.

Made by a local but also a member here, Cauble's Custom Fabrications LLC , Salisbury, NC. See my first post, lots of pictures. He ships also.

Michael

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky