First smoke of the year, Cuban style pork

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pcolabbq, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Well time for my first smoke of the year I am doing a pork shoulder (I believe it's a shoulder I forgot now). As you can see from the photos this is probably the last run for my smoker, last year it literally did hundreds of pounds of pork & chicken for our dealership feeding a bunch of hungry employees/customers. I have not decided on its replacement yet! For the shoulder I marinated it for a couple days in Mojo marinade with fresh oregano, lime juice, lemon juice, chopped onion and choped garlic. It should be a tasty dinner! :grilling_smilie:

2. bigd3077

bigd3077 Meat Mopper

So far so good! I was thinking of doing this for my next shoulder. What wood are you using for smoke?

3. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

This reminds me of Puerco Pilbil. I have done that before and it was pretty awesome. Hard to find banana leaves where I live now so I don't know when I will do that again. 

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
    bigd3077 likes this.
  5. Almost as important as the meat itself is the cigar, drink and music selection!

For the cigars I'm starting with the Ashton, then the Liga No. 9 for the back half and the LFD for the after dinner smoke to compliment the spice:

For my drink it will be my go too G&T made with Hendricks gin:

The station for music:

6. In action, poor old thing:

The fire box handle fell off:

Got a little hot on the bottom so I flipped it and move it down further from the fire:

7. bigd3077

bigd3077 Meat Mopper

I can almost smell it form here!