First smoke!!!! Butt in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigorange

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
U.S.A.
Put my first smoke on 1 am. Boston butt,mes 30 black,amnps half filled with hickory and apple,et 732. Sitting on 140 after 6hrs. Had a nice dark bark wen I opened up to put probe in at 5. :yahoo:

Welcome to SMF! Please post a picture of your finished butt. Everyone on the forum likes the q-view pictures. They will even give you a little arm twisting if you forget.

8 hrs in. just wrapped it n foil with Apple juice and bump temp to 260. 165 n holdin. :biggrin:

sounds like you've got it all under control.  Are you ready for the stall?  are you thinking of foiling or no.  The last few ive done I haven't foiled, I really have gotten hooked on the bark.  don't forget the pics!!!!

:yahoo: She maybe slowly coming out of the stall, 171 degrees now. Yep, Covered it in foil with Apple juice when I bumped her up to 260 earlier. Had a nice black bark even at 4 hours in. They need to bottle that smell comin out the vent!

Ok she has come up,a whole degree in one hour. 172 now. Maybe I need to search for temp probe placement. Patience is bitter ,but the fruit is sweet. :devil:

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky