First smoke a success...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlordb

Original poster
Jan 4, 2020
Very new to smoking meat... just got my first smoker for Xmas and finally was able to take my maiden voyage today. This site and the forums were a HUGE helping hand working up to this point. My cheap lil MES 30 gave me fits for a bit trying to get a stable temperature, but after searching the forums and finding multiple threads on the subject, I became more comfortable it and was able to put the listed advice to practice. I figured I'd start easy with a chicken dish, so I found a recipe for Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts and they were a hit with the family. Easy 3 hour smoke and delicious! Thanks for all the help this site provides. I'm positive it will remain my go-to resource for future cooks.

Attachments

• GQFT1627.JPG
    GQFT1627.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 21
Very new to smoking meat... just got my first smoker for Xmas and finally was able to take my maiden voyage today. This site and the forums were a HUGE helping hand working up to this point. My cheap lil MES 30 gave me fits for a bit trying to get a stable temperature, but after searching the forums and finding multiple threads on the subject, I became more comfortable it and was able to put the listed advice to practice. I figured I'd start easy with a chicken dish, so I found a recipe for Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breasts and they were a hit with the family. Easy 3 hour smoke and delicious! Thanks for all the help this site provides. I'm positive it will remain my go-to resource for future cooks.
You did great on your first try. Those look awesome!!

Welcome from Wisconsin. :emoji_cat: Lots of great folks and great advice to be had on this forum. Nice looking cook.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky