First shoulder in MES 30.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chestnutbloom

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Sarasota, FL
Finally got around to doing a shoulder! This one is 7 pounds after being trimmed.
Generous coating with a brown sugar-based rub and....
shoulder.jpg

....into the smoker it went. Using Pitmaster's Choice pellets in the AMNPS. Set the temp at 255F.

shoulder2.jpg

Started the smoke at 8:30 am, temp stalled at 162F about 6 hours later. I did not wrap it!
11 1/2 hours total time I took it out when IT read 200F.
shoulder4.jpg

I let it rest tightly covered for a couple hours and then pulled it by hand. My wife is picky about her 'cue so I was happy that she said she loved it.
This was certainly the easiest smoke I've done so far, just closed the door and kept an eye on the remote temp control!

As usual the AMNPS worked fine. Thanks for having a look and thanks to everyone here for the wealth of information on the forum! -Rich
shoulder3.jpg

Looks like nice bark formation! By the color of the white ash it looks like the AMNPS burned perfectly. I see the chip tray is removed completely... is that the way you always roll? Looks like a success!

Yes I always leave the tray out and the chip loader pulled out about an inch to get good air to the pellets. Thank you!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky