First shot with my new ECB. Ribs and Chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigbirdk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
The ECB arrived last week and I was able to cure it on Friday night over a couple of beers. Saturday morning, armed with little knowledge (yet strangely, great confidence). I put that sucker to work!

New chimney works the bomb:

Did the leg mod so I could get to the fire easy. Thanks for that one SmokingMeat!

Chicken and ribs with jerk rub from the weber web site...

Time for the "2" of the 3-2-1...

Beer time!

That last hour was killin' me!

Freaking NOM NOM!

Overall, the much maligned ECB performed well and held temp just fine. It probably helps that it was 85 degrees with just a little breeze. Cant wait to fire the little guy up next week!

Looks great!  How did everything taste?  Was the meat tender?  How was the texture of both the chicken and ribs?

Thanks for sharing.

Bill

It tasted fantastic! The chicken breasts had a nice smoky flavor and a pink smoke ring. My wife said the ribs were the best I have ever made, very smoky but not overcooked and still moist! Overall, very pleased. Going to try a fattie this weekend!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky