First Run At Dino Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billdawg

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Coastal Georgia
Fired up the trusty drum on Saturday morning for a go at some Dino Ribs. I picked up 2 slabs at Sams for $79.00. I put one in the freezer for later and got one ready to go. Went with a basic sea salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder, and let it come to room temp while I was firing up the drum. Sorry, but I didn't take any pics while it was cooking.
IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

I ran the drum at 250* with a mix of Cherry and Oak until the ribs stalled at 174. I put them in a foil pan with 4 cups of beef base and covered them with foil to finish them up. Did a probe test at 190 and a toothpick sank with no resistance at all, so I pulled them out to rest for a few.
IMG_0594.JPG

I was very pleased with the outcome. While there was not a super pronounced smoke ring, the meat had a reddish tint the entire way through and was delicious. We ate on this for 3 days. It made some fantastic tacos. I pulled the membrane off the bottom of the ribs before I started, so the bones basically fell off. The dog has been in heaven since Saturday.

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

I'm looking forward to doing the other rack soon!

Looking good, I like beef ribs.

Point for sure
Chris

^^^^ Right? I cant believe I was living without them... Till I finally asked for them. Life changing! Not so sure I'd pay that much for them though. Likely one of my most favorite smokes now.

Those Look Great, Bill !!
Sounds expensive, but it looks like you got quite a few pounds of Awesome meat off of those Bad Boys!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

^^^^ Right? I cant believe I was living without them... Till I finally asked for them. Life changing! Not so sure I'd pay that much for them though. Likely one of my most favorite smokes now.

Those Look Great, Bill !!
Sounds expensive, but it looks like you got quite a few pounds of Awesome meat off of those Bad Boys!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Yeah, they were 6.28 per lb, so they were a little expensive, but worth it for an occasional cook. sure tasted good!

Fantastic cook. Ribs look great and those Dino ribs are getting very popular these days it seems:emoji_laughing:

Did mine last weekend too,
Robert

Looks good and juicy!! I need a bite now. All these beef rib posts made me do it. I bought about 36 lbs today :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky