first ribs with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roklimo

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Cornville, Iowa
Did some babybacks yesterday.  Also did a couple of yardbirds.  Rubbed both with Memphis dust and held the smoker at 275 for 3.5 hrs. Applewood from a local orchard provided the smoke.    Foiled ribs for last hour.  Not too many pics, but here are a couple of the finished product.  Ribs were fantastic!  Chicken could have used brine...

d43e8364_ribs.jpg

3f5c3c44_yardbird.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good.

You have given me hope for todays smoke.

With the wind today I am having a really tough time keeping temps low. I have made three failed attempts at making a wind break and the darn wind keeps changing direction. I hope my chicken turns out half that good.

looks good from here, was the chicken dry when you cut into it?
The breast on one of the chickens was a bit dry.  The one I took the pic of was much better.  The ribs were real good, even though I prefer spare ribs over baby backs.  Couldn't pass up the deal at $1.49 per pound, so I loaded up on them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky