First Ribs in Masterbuilt Dual Smoker with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi, the shelf is really great and a real nice size. It does not get hot at all and stays cool.

LOOKS GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT
banana_smiley.gif

Much longer.  Easier clean up too.  The only thing left for me to do is put a silicone bead around the door edge.  I notice a little leak on the side and top of the door.
On the newer model masterbuilt smoker, you can adjust the door.  There is one star screw to remove, then lift the plastic cover that protects the hinge.  Under that you will find 3 screws, that is the hinge adjustment screws.  Loosen, move door where needed, tighten, put cap back on, your good to go again.  For more help, contact me, I have done this to two or three units already.

If you haven't picked up a gasket yet, give these a look...http://bbqgaskets.com/catalog_2.html

I bought the wool version and it works great.  I don't get any leakage around either door.  After seeing Island Smoke's shelf, I ordered one from Wal-Mart as well.  They are $20 now, but much easier than pulling out my old folding card table just to set the Maverick and gloves on.

If you haven't picked up a gasket yet, give these a look...http://bbqgaskets.com/catalog_2.html

I bought the wool version and it works great.  I don't get any leakage around either door.  After seeing Island Smoke's shelf, I ordered one from Wal-Mart as well.  They are $20 now, but much easier than pulling out my old folding card table just to set the Maverick and gloves on.
Thanks for the info Todd!

I have gotten some requests for the installation instructions and retrofitting the Walmart shelf to the Masterbuilt Dual Fuel Pro (2-door) smoker.

So, below: I will post the instructions here with photos of my smoker and how it looks when you are done. If you have questions, and need more information, please feel free to send me a message. I am happy to help.

Basically, (1) unscrew the 2 screws on the back handle on the left side (front of smoker facing you).  Move it up a little bit, and slide the shelf on.  The 2 screw holes should line up where the handle screw holes are on the actual smoker.  Put that left side of the handle back with the shelf in place.   There is is 3rd hole on the left side of the shelf that will need to be drilled to attach to the smoker and just make sure that the hole that make is no bigger than the screw that Masterbuilt supplies for shelf.

href="http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/content/type/61/id/290892/">

Back of Smoker Where Handle is.  Basically the left side of the handle shares the holes with the shelf attachment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front left side of the smoker where that 3rd hole is and has to be drilled through the smoker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The view of the top of the smoker with on....the nice thing is that it really fits only one way on the smoker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

href="http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/content/type/61/id/290892/">

Back of Smoker Where Handle is.  Basically the left side of the handle shares the holes with the shelf attachment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Front left side of the smoker where that 3rd hole is and has to be drilled through the smoker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The view of the top of the smoker with on....the nice thing is that it really fits only one way on the smoker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally what the screws look like from underneath the shelf when it up, it that helps.

By the way, once installed....when you fold it up and down; you have kind of grab toward the front of the shelf  (nearest the smoker) to push up and push down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky