First 'Proper' Smoker Incoming (Traeger 575 Pro)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ExclusiveBBQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 10, 2019
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hi all,

Well, I just placed my order and will be receiving a new smoker this Wednesday - a Traeger Pro 575! I placed my order with Meat & Cleaver in the UK and also ordered some Pecan pellets to get started. I'll also be ordering a brisket and bone-in pork shoulder, as well as some Traeger rubs on Wednesday so should be up and running by the weekend!

I'm not going to be able to think of much else until Wednesday but watch this space for 100+ photos of my unboxing it and using it. If anyone has any tips, I'll read them all!

Very nice. Hope you get years of good cooking out of that rig. Can't wait to see your pics of your rig and cooks.

Congrats on the new rig. Make sure you do a high heat "burn in" to get rid of any chemicals left over from manufacturing.

Congrats on the new rig. Make sure you do a high heat "burn in" to get rid of any chemicals left over from manufacturing.

Will do - I'm already reading the manual (like a proper nerd) and it suggest doing a burn in for 10 minutes on low heat, and then ramping it up for 30 minutes. Worried that it's going to end up using a lot of pellets, but it'll be worth it in the end.

About to order some brisket and bone-in pork shoulder for the weekend so stay tuned - as a first timer, I'm pretty nervous!

Reactions: JC in GB
Just wanted to throw a quick update in here... I'm converted!

The grill was great - held temperature really well and it was such a nice change not needing to check up all the time, whilst still being able to get an awesome smoke on the go. The only downside I can see is that the pellets are going to end up costing much more than charcoal and wood but I think the trade off will be worth it.

I posted in the 'Beef' part of the forum if you want to take a look at how my first brisket went!

Reactions: JC in GB
My cost is lower with pellets, 8.99 at rural king and with warm temps a little less than 1 lbs per hour probably winter is different lol

Nice. Congrats on the brisket.

Thanks - already desperate to do another!

My cost is lower with pellets, 8.99 at rural king and with warm temps a little less than 1 lbs per hour probably winter is different lol

Ah, you guys have got it good! The cheapest I can find them over here in the UK is £16.91 from a store that's local to me. They did give me a 5% off voucher however so I may have to stockpile them one day. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky