First Post, Second Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gruntz13

Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Pittsburgh
Hey All,

I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of years. Love learning new techniques/recipes and seeing everyone's cooks. I cook mostly pork, but this past November I tried my hand at brisket for the first time and it turned out good enough. I was at Costco last week and found a USDA Prime whole packer at a great price. Picked it up and cooked it on Saturday.

IMG_20190216_042529.jpg

Separated the Point and Flat to fit on the racks of the MES. I've never done this before and it showed.

IMG_20190216_050440.jpg

Forgot to get a pic of them all seasoned, but after about 6 hours I wrapped the flat in butcher paper and the point in a foil pan with a little beef stock

IMG_20190216_131717.jpg

The point finished about 90 minutes before the flat so I let it rest for a little, then cubed and sauced. I added a little homemade bbq to the beef stock/meat juice (fat removed). Back in the smoker they went.

Finished products:

IMG_20190216_183053.jpg

IMG_20190216_183057.jpg

And the plate. A little extra of the BBQ on the slices alongside some collard greens and a charred green bean & shishito pepper with homemade champagne dijon vinaigrette.

IMG_20190216_183611.jpg

Ready to do another.

I'd be ready also. That looks great. Nicely done

Point for sure.
Chris

Very nice! Your separation of the point from the flat looked pretty good to me - especially when looking at the finished product. LIKE!

Great looking brisket! Nice looking piece of meat to begin with. The marbling on that piece looks especially good to me. Know it was tasty! Congrats on making the Carousel ride!

Weedeater

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky