First pork loin jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Doing this in my Smoke Hollow for first time. Always made my beef jerky in a old gas stove in garage but it finally became unreliable. Would run temp in it around 170. Marinaded pork for 24 hrs. Rinsed off. Then put on racks in frig overnight. Plan on 180 for first hr. Drop to 160 an put AMNTS in for 1 hr smoke. Start checking at the 3 hr mark. Take it to the point of flexible but not brittle. Should have no trouble with low temps with 20-30 mph wind & wind chill in mid teens. Not sure if AMNTS will make smoke because will have to keep smoke shack door closed. Does this sound right or am I missing details.
Thanks for looking.

B, You need air to keep your AMNTS going,does that smoker have a bottom vent? MY smoker runs my AMNPS fine with both top and bottom vents open. IMHO I would keep my starting temp lower than 180 and then watch your temp as the tube is giving off heat also.

CM the AMNTS didn’t work because had to close the door on smoke shack because of wind. It works great if door is open for cold smoking. End up throwing a hand full of pellets in CI pot. It was a PITA with the weather I was dealing with but got it done. Pretty much had to babysit. Use 2 recipes. Top is sweet tea & bottom is Bearcarver’s white wine. From sampling Bear hit another home run. Have to give them names to know apart. Yea I know not the flat strips but first round.
2DCD0FAD-4D37-4D36-8B66-E0AA254D430A.jpeg
B, You need air to keep your AMNTS going,does that smoker have a bottom vent? MY smoker runs my AMNPS fine with both top and bottom vents open. IMHO I would keep my starting temp lower than 180 and then watch your temp as the tube is giving off heat also.

Reactions: crazymoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky