First pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chestnutbloom

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Sarasota, FL
After reading and drooling over pastrami posts I finally made mine!

Started with 4.25lb corned beef which had 50% lower sodium.

Applied coat of mustard and then garlic powder,onion powder, lots of cracked black peppercorns and cracked coriander.

I let it sit in the fridge for 48hrs.

Into the mes30 for just over 5 hours in temps ranging from 250-275. Used apple chips in the tray.

Pulled at 180F. Had to slice some before wrapping it up and into the fridge! It turned out spectacular.

Thanks to everyone here for this great forum!!!  
yahoo.gif
   ----Rich

Reactions: smoking b
Wow, that looks awesome ! Great color, moist & overall just a great job !! Bet that tastes fabulous ..... :thumbsup:

That's looks amazing dude!!! I'm on the same boat, after looking at many threads this week including yours I'm going to see if costco or bjs carries them so I can do one this wknd, will be the first and hopefully comes out as good as yours ;)

That's looks amazing dude!!! I'm on the same boat, after looking at many threads this week including yours I'm going to see if costco or bjs carries them so I can do one this wknd, will be the first and hopefully comes out as good as yours ;)
I saw that walmart had a sale on them, may be worth a checking out

Just went by Walmart but all the had was the brisket itself, which I'll end up doing my own from scratch but since it takes time I just want to get it brined already, I'll try a different walmart, anyways here is 9am so it might be to early and not fully stocked yet.

Thank you everyone for the support! If you haven't tried this yet you must. Amazing results with mouthwatering sammies as a reward!
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky