First few briskets sucked, Last one kicked butt.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dnvrdv

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
Parker, Colorado
 Making sure I can do it again.  Adding a beef back rib in the smoke with hickory and cherry.

Here we go.
2650971b_PB060045.jpg

And tapped it a few times against the tank.  Got thin blue rolling of the masterbuilt, so good to go. Thinkink since the bandera got tossed across the back yard might need to replace some parts...

Knowing you as I do, this is only one chapter in the saga.  You got until next August, then I guess I'll have to show you how it's done......now, if that doesn't put a spark in your behind, I don't know what will.  Get the Bandara fixed and get 'er smokin'.  Mini tornadoes and wind gusts blowing it across your yard ain't an excuse.

when will it be done?

Looks good.

please tell me the recipe!

"

Well... it sucks....Good flavor but, guess I need to try again... AND DAMN  IT I WILL DO IT! """' ' 

"

Missed it...

Too bad.

Last edited:
My wife Dana had a great idea.  She stuck it in the crock pot this am with some broth and onions, and it actually is becoming tender.  Maybe 190 wasn't enough to break it down

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

now I usually take my briskets to 205° even if I was slicing it. It just seems to workout better in the long run. Oh well maybe next time you will get it better. So don't give up yet.

Quote:
icon_cool.gif

now I usually take my briskets to 205° even if I was slicing it. It just seems to workout better in the long run. Oh well maybe next time you will get it better. So don't give up yet.
Makes sense. Last one I actually fell asleep and it ended up at 207 so lesson learned and thanks for the tip!  Wifes made the house smell awesome by putting it in the slow cooker, and salvaging it!

So I was ready to feed it to the dogs, and my wife asked if she could put it in the slow cooker. Why not.  She added onions, beef broth and a clove of garlic and sent it on its merry way.  6 hours later it turned out awesome.  I made gravy from the broth for some homemade mashers.  Brisket fell apart picking it up, and was juicy!  Dinner pics attached!!

Off the the smoker last night.

b48fe751_PB060017.jpg

My wife to the rescue.  6 hours in the slow cooker.

22a92ecb_PB070018.jpg

She threw in the ribs too.  Can you guess who's plate this is?

dac5d387_PB070021.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a good teamwork save to me !

That must be the wife's plate, because you didn't mention any kids.

Just kidding,

Bear

Yup the temp is the issue like Mark said. 205 is the magc # but the wife did a good thing and that looks like a great save

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky