first fatties!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

moltenone

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
the"ville" ky
my first fatties!!!!WOW, after reading the posts on this forum for a good while
i actually maintained a constant temp on the chargriller for the first time ever
and man am i happy.
the fatties were smoked to perfection,just by following the advice on SMF
thanks to everybody.

Mark

I'm still waiting to try a fatty. I had the sasauge the other day, but I ate it with my eggs. I wish I didn't have to go work. That way I could smoke during the week. BTW COOL avatar

those fatties are awesome, aren't they? They retain huge smoke flavor and you can do 'bout anything with them, and they're cheap. My dogs LOVE smoky fatties, I've trained one to make me a pomegranate martini for a little peice of fattie treat.

Mark-

Way to go ! Can't believe you waited so long!

Michael -
Smoke quick things during the week like chicken, fatties, steaks, turkey ...

icon_razz.gif

pictures need to be resized.pictures need to be resized.pictures need to be resized.pictures need to be resized,pictures need to be resized!!!!!!
c21fecee_vbattach12598.jpg

pictures need to be resized,pictures need to be resized pictures need to be resized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
31e4aa68_vbattach12599.jpg

Great smoke ring Mark! Did you enjoy it? I love em. I like to toss them on to nibble while I wait for the other stuff. Keeps the rubbles out of my tummy!

Mighty fine looking fatties there Mark.....drool...slobber.....am I right in quessing this will become a regular thing???
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

I made a fatty for the first time yesterday as well. They are quite delicious! I didnt manage any kind of a smoke ring though. In fact nothing i smoked yesterday had any kind of a smoke ring. I did 2 racks of spares, a fatty and a skirt off one of the racks. Maybe i didnt use enough wood? I used two full smoker boxes during the 6-7 hour long smoke.

fatties are the only way i will eat breakfast sausage....

as for your smoke ring, alot has to do with the wood you used, what kind of smoker you are using, maybe the meat was just being tempermental yesterday..lol

IMO i find different woods mostly give me different degrees of smoke rings. if i use hickory i get a better ring, but when i use apple my smoke ring is not so big

tonto, thats a big 10-4 i'm hooked,hillbilly me also!!!!!!!,nogoer it took three
hours at 225 degrees,i used hickory and charcoal,at one and a half hours i turned the fatties to finish them off.

thanks everybody for your encouragement and kind words.

Mark

do it ,i just had another slice off of one,cold at that,i baked some grand biscuits and place a few slices with a slice of cheese on it ,then nuked it for 60 sec., no more micky d's!!!!!!!

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky