• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Ever Pork Shoulder Boston Style and Tri Tip Test

blk04sr

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Well here are some pictures of my pork shoulder that I did today!  It was a 6.75lbs I make a nice dry rub for it, wrapped it and it sat for about 30 hrs, I scored the fat which there wasnt plenty of, placed it in the smoker, took about 7 hours at 225-250 ish.  I foiled the bad boy at 171* and took it off at 204* and placed it in a cooler wrapped in a towel for 1 hr and 30 mins.  The bone pulled right out and I pulled it! 

Some pulled pork sandwiches with slaw, provolone cheese, and hawaiian sweet bread!

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that all looks good and well pass me a sammie please

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Your a pro, thats a nice job on both of them. Thats the kind of smoke ring you want. Those sammies are making me hungry and I'm stuffed right now.

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
Congrats your first pulled pork looks great!  That tri is looking great too!  

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
It all looks outstanding

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yes now you have pulled off your first pulled pork sammie and then a tri-tip too. AWESOME JOB

blk04sr

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Wow

Thank you all for the support.

It wouldnt have turned out as good if it wasnt for this place and reading up on all the great tips and smokes you all have done!

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
WOW! NICE JOB!!  the color on both cuts is beautiful, and those sammies!!  I'll bring the beer.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.