First ever a whole broiler is going in to the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realbigswede

Smoke Blower
Original poster
So here is the first whole broiler going in to the smoker. I have done dry rub, I start out with 250F for the first hour then lower it to 200F. Dose sounds right or is it the other way around?   
help.gif

Will post picture after the broiler comes out of the smoker...... I mean every one have see a dead chicken be fore the smoker.....
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Slow smoked chicken is real nice and moist. Makes great pulled chicken sandwiches. Sometimes the skin will get dark and rubbery (at least in a charcoal smoker) . I'll be curious how you like it when you're done. You really can't go wrong , tho. Low and slow or hot and fast that chicken meat gonna taste awesome.

Last edited:
Howdy Swede,

I usually do chickens at least at 275 but closer to 300 and cook to an IT of 165 on the breast and leg.

The reason for the higher temperature is so that the skin gets nice a crispy!  Otherwise your skin is kind of rubbery and inedible.

Good luck,

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky