First corned beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I took the corned beef I started 11 days ago out of the brine. The brine was .25% cure #1 and 1.25%salt.

It is now cooking in 1/3 Guinness and 2/3 low sodium stock, brown sugar, and pickling spices in the oven @ 350°.

PXL_20220314_201407183.jpg

Question is, do I pull it at probe tender? Or some other indicator?

Reactions: bauchjw
I'd go to probe tender also. Oh yeah don't forget which way the grain is going.

Chris

Reactions: Nefarious
I would take it to probe tender, but sliceable, unless you want it pulled. I’m in for the finish.
Thanks, i won't be eating it until I really don't know. It is my last cook for several weeks. Wife will be the cook while I'm on crutches.
I can't eat it tonight as it's my youngest son's 29th bday and he would rather go out, not that I blame him.

I will take a few slices to get an idea of how it tastes, then freeze the rest. I appreciate your guidance.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky