1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Cold Smoke at -22C

Discussion in 'Smoked Cheese' started by Murray, Feb 10, 2019.

1. 7321235F-D27D-4662-8115-EBECA7EF78DF.jpeg

First cold smoke with the MES, once I got a handle on how little heat was needed to maintain a 32F-80F temperature the smoke went pretty good. I read on here many people have to wait till the temperature is just right, not too hot! No problem in Canada, I have to use heat to keep the cheese from freezing. Maiden voyage for my 6” tube AMNTS.
    From left to right 1,11/2, 2 and finally 3 hours of smoke, they all look the same to me.

gmc2003 and fivetricks like this.
  2. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Idk how much difference you will taste, but I run mine 4 hours, then 24 hours of gassing, then a very long time packed away chilling out.

With you only running as little as 60 mins of smoke, yours may be ready right after gassing.

3. Not sure what the wife would like, her tastes are less smoke rather then more.

4. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Smoking Fanatic

I run 4 hours then vacuum seal very soon after and chill out for 28 days...if my wife leaves them sealed for that long.

Let us know what you discover with your experimentation.

5. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I usually go 2 hours with dust and let them rest loosely covered in the fridge overnight before sealing them up. I can basically eat them straight out of the smoker. I have to ask how did you get them to stick on the wall like that without falling down. :emoji_sunglasses:

Point for sure.
    Chris

6. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Smoking Fanatic

That gave me a good chuckle.