First Cold Smoke at -22C

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Murray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 30, 2018
Grande Cache Alberta
7321235F-D27D-4662-8115-EBECA7EF78DF.jpeg

First cold smoke with the MES, once I got a handle on how little heat was needed to maintain a 32F-80F temperature the smoke went pretty good. I read on here many people have to wait till the temperature is just right, not too hot! No problem in Canada, I have to use heat to keep the cheese from freezing. Maiden voyage for my 6” tube AMNTS.
From left to right 1,11/2, 2 and finally 3 hours of smoke, they all look the same to me.

Idk how much difference you will taste, but I run mine 4 hours, then 24 hours of gassing, then a very long time packed away chilling out.

With you only running as little as 60 mins of smoke, yours may be ready right after gassing.

I usually go 2 hours with dust and let them rest loosely covered in the fridge overnight before sealing them up. I can basically eat them straight out of the smoker. I have to ask how did you get them to stick on the wall like that without falling down. :emoji_sunglasses:

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky