First Chuckies - freezer clean out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cyclonefan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
Ames, IA
To make room for a quarter beef that's ordered, a clean out of my freezer was needed. Four chuck roasts and a brisket were found.

My plan is to smoke these roasts to a "pulling" temperature and vacuum seal to enjoy later. Montreal steak seasoning, hickory smoke, and heat at around 240 is what I'm thinking. I will start this Sunday morning.

Any suggestions??? I'll be adding more pictures Sunday.

Thanks

Sounds good to me... cant wait for sunday. Im doing a chuck for pulled b tomorrow. . Ill just be going a little lower temps for an all day smoke. . But all in all will smoke to a proper 200*ish temp to pull for some sammies...

Nice find in the freezer btw ;) its good to dig deep sometimes ;) its like Christmas!

Wait a minute!!! Cleaning out the freezer but you're gonna put it right back in! Better eat some of it first, lol!

I like to use cherry and pecan for beef. I also like to marinate mine in worchestershire prior to smoking.

Wait a minute!!! Cleaning out the freezer but you're gonna put it right back in! Better eat some of it first, lol!

I like to use cherry and pecan for beef. I also like to marinate mine in worchestershire prior to smoking.
I didnt even catch that Case... lol. Freezer to freezer action! Hehe

I'll definitely have my fill before packaging and freezing. Sorry, forgot to include that part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky