First Chicken on MES40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fife

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 14, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
So here is what I did today.

d7e2ec51_photo1.jpg

Then a load out of food.

5ddcbcff_photo-2.jpg

YES I took the bottle out prior to cooking.

Then 3 hours and 165 degrees later.

fae7604a_DSC00029.jpg

d2fd62ae_DSC00031-2.jpg

Well update on the chicken and sausage.

Wife came home and gave a small taste to the sausage and it was only 2.1/2 of them I had to tell her to save some for me. So guess they were good.

I am going to cut back on the temp next time I cook the chicken breast a little to long it was just a little dry but still very tasty. But remember this is only my 2 try at smoking anything. Learning curve in effect.

More smoke to come.

th_Slab_of_meat.gif

Last edited:
Did you get Jeff's newsletter this month. It takes you step by step through chicken breast. You can brine them awhile or just wrap in bacon to keep moist. How did you like the Essence

duel.gif

The essence was a good not over powering flavor. I just rubbed it in and put it on the smoker. I am starting very basic and working my way up from here. The rubs I like to keep trying and the different woods to smoke with are fun as well.

Last edited:
If you like "Emeril's Essence" here is the recipe for making it yourself:

Emeril's "Essence" Creole Seasoning

(also referred to as Bayou Blast) Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Combine all ingredients thoroughly. Makes 3/4 cup.

I bought jeffs recipe and I am a "happy smoker!" It took me a few months to come off the cash to pay for just the recipe, but it was definately worth it! Excellent ratios!....emeril can take a back seat on this one!:grilling_smilie:

Food is looking pretty tasty Robert, nice job! What temperature did you smoke it at?
Did you get Jeff's newsletter this month. It takes you step by step through chicken breast. You can brine them awhile or just wrap in bacon to keep moist. How did you like the Essence
http://www.smoking-meat.com/march-17-2011-bacon-wrapped-chicken-breasts.html  

Maybe I didn't get enough sleep or am just simply losing my mind, but does anyone else see a monkey's head on that piece of chicken breast?

BTW... Jeff's rub and Q-sauce is some gooood stuff! I also tried Emeril's Original Essence with some brown sugar.....also pretty good, imo.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky