First butt - complete - pics!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flipper0512

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Woodbury, CT
First off I want to thank everyone that helped me through my first big smoke. 

Here are some picsc of how it went down come of the pics are off my phone so not the best, but the bear views are with the good camera!!!

6.7# boneless, defrosted and ready for a good masage

e6d39415_outoffridge.jpg

Rub

2f20aeb0_rub.jpg

after a good nights rest

977ca199_afterovernight.jpg

After 5 hours IT 152

203e1d53_5hours.jpg

15 hours later IT 196, off to cooler

d467e91a_bark.jpg

after an hour and half in cooler

2c2f2004_aftercooller.jpg

Time to enjoy!!!!!!!

d13a3cc1_bear1.jpg

9d720e7e_bear2.jpg

dc5d5bfc_served.jpg

Cupcakes my wife mad for the kids!

87dcd842_bday004.jpg

Overall it was a nerve racking experince but it came out great.

Great job Buddy!

That bark looks absolutely spectacular!

points.gif

Congrats on a successful smoke! howbout sending a sammich to all the SMF'rs that provided input?   That looks delish. I wonder what a smoked cupcake would taste like.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

drool.gif

Thanks everyone! Over all party was a hit, next time I need to make more, 6.7# prior to smoking didnt go very far.  Good thing I tried some when I was pulling cause there was not a drop left!!!!

Fantastic bark on that bad boy. Man, I am so wanting to smoke a butt. My wife's urging me, it's just finding 10 - 15 hours. lol. Hmmm, may have to cut up the butts to a couple of 4 pounders, and smoke one at a time. Man I'm hungry for some pulled pork now.

Congrats on a successful smoke! howbout sending a sammich to all the SMF'rs that provided input?   That looks delish. I wonder what a smoked cupcake would taste like.
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

drool.gif
Believe it or not, I saw a video on another smoking site that showed how to smoke a chocolate cake!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky