first build fail on the fire box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yeeyee55

Original poster
Mar 21, 2015
kansas
Hey all...I might of screwed up..I built a 3 ft tall 26.5 in wide 17 in deep offset smoker. My fire box is 12x12x18 with a 2in x 3in vent..I can't build a big fire in it since its only 12in tall and can't keep it going unless I leave the door open a little.. What would a good size fire box be and how big of vent should I put in it..like I said its my first build so I don't know too much about smokers. I've been using a green mountain before this build. Didn't take much skill haha. Here is a pic of my build. Any help would be great

Sorry I forgot to say I could not get the temp over 150 in the smoke cabinet..

Thank you...I'm guessing I need more vent also since the fire will die if I have the door shut and the vent open..if that sounds right to anyone please let me know

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky