First brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by rgarretson, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Got my first brisket in the smoker. Been waiting all summer to do this. Rub is salt pepper onion and garlic. More updates to come.[ATTACHMENT=2272]20150808_070112.jpg (2,628k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

oldschoolbbq likes this.
  2. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks like a nice hunk o' meat. Looking forward to the progress and your process.   

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'll get my. :Coffee: and watch :drool

4. So far going good. Little temp swings in the begining but keeping it between 220 and 240. I have a small char broil offset. Will meat temp climb in the beginning but slow down later on?

5. aggie94

aggie94 Smoking Fanatic

Good day for brisket!

6. Still going strong. Started to mop it. Cant wait.

7. inkjunkie

inkjunkie Master of the Pit

Hop you have better luck with your first than I did

8. I hope it turns out good. Got company comming over.

9. aggie94

aggie94 Smoking Fanatic

You're living dangerously, briskets are rarely done on time.

10. So true. Thats why they all know come over at 6 and dinner will be done when its done. We got appetizers.

11. Bark is looking good. Now im wrapping in foil. This has been my longest smoke to date and im loving it.

aggie94 likes this.
  12. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I would say you have progressed veyr well .! And ,, Yes , the bafk looks marvelous and I se a stall coming . . .:icon_evil: , hang in there ,don't excited , just let it. Coast . Send q-viewor the finish and a plted shot :biggrin:

Have fun and . . .

13. noboundaries

I wasn't going to go there, but sounds like you've got it covered.  Lets see, Sheridan, WY is probably on Mountain time so it is just after 7 PM as I type. 

[​IMG]

14. It is and the brisket is still in the smoker.

15. noboundaries

Since it is wrapped you could always open all the vents and crank the heat up to finish it quicker if necessary.  Or keep folks drinking and fed with appetizers!   

16. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like your first brisket will be a winner.  Nice

Gary

17. It was a hit. Small smoke ring perfect tenderness. The only negative things was it dried out quickly after plating and too much ACV in the mop sauce. Was juicy and fat rendered great. Cant wait to do another.

18. aggie94

aggie94 Smoking Fanatic

Great looking first brisket, and with added pressure of company coming over!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  19. Looks great.    What was your final total cook time?   And do you remember about how much it weighed?

About to do my first in a couple of weeks (about 6.5 lb) and need to make a plan that doesn't have me getting up at 3 in the morning!   [​IMG]    Thanks.

20. About 12 hrs cook tim for just under an 8 pounder.