First brisket last night/today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clubmanager

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 19, 2020
Well, against the advice of many people, I attempted my first brisket ever on a brand new smoker for Thanksgiving meal. I used info from this site, some YouTube videos from Hey Grill Hey and Meatchurch plus a little intel from friends to triangulate a plan....which of course failed. As they said in the Army ‘every plan fails at first contact with the enemy’ ;)
With each little ‘challenge’ (including a failed thermostat on the smoker and temp probes that proved faulty) I pivoted with the end result being a beautiful and tasty brisket! Tasting the brisket was so stinkin’ good but when adding a little Meat Mitch Whomp sauce, I believe I saw Jesus.

I told my wife out of frustration there’s one way to cook a soufflé but 1000 ways to smoke a brisket. In the end, I guess that’s a good thing as it allows ways to act/react to conditions.

Thanks to the forum! Hate to admit it but I was literally losing sleep this week knowing it was gonna be a disaster. The intel I found here helped tremendously and as such, I’m gonna pay for a membership. Have a great Thanksgiving y’all.

Failing to plan is planning to fail as they say.
Plan for contingency and have the back up in mind.
Probes can and do fail when needed most.
Hence, the tried and true instant read thermo and a clock for sanity's sake or the absolute probe tender method.
Knowledge gained leads to confidence.
Remember, only a doctor can truly bury his or her mistakes.
The rest of us either eat those mistakes or feed 'em to the dog.
Good to hear things worked out for you given the challenges.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky