First Brisket in my modified MES. Wish me luck!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

patinlouisiana

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 21, 2019
Baton Rouge, LA
Fixing to start a long journey from old raw meat to deliciousness.
Started out with 14 lb prime trimmed down to 10 lbs. Salt & pepper only.
(injected with beef stock a day ago while still in the vacuum wrapper)

b1.JPG

Should I be concerned? My Auber says t is holding steady at 225.
My Meater+ says the ambient Temp is 212. Taylor #1 reads 234.
Taylor #2 reads 208 and the redicheck reads 210. average of 218.
Should I bump up the Auber to 232 or am I overthinking again?

Should I be concerned? My Auber says t is holding steady at 225.
My Meater+ says the ambient Temp is 212. Taylor #1 reads 234.
Taylor #2 reads 208 and the redicheck reads 210. average of 218.
Should I bump up the Auber to 232 or am I overthinking again?

I'd bump it up... mostly because the brisket doesn't care what temp it is cooked at and temps that low will take foreeeeeeeeeever.

What you are seeing seems fairly typical though. There are hotter and colder parts of the smoker and with a big hunk of meat and/or pans the heat and airflow can get directed to where temps read that way. It is about par for the course :)

Reactions: chopsaw
OK guys & gals, my brisket finished early at 6:30. It is still wrapped and resting in a heavy cooler. it is at 196 F @ 7 AM.
How long can I leave it in these?
Is there a minimum temperature?
Eating is around noon or 1 PM.

OK guys & gals, my brisket finished early at 6:30. It is still wrapped and resting in a heavy cooler. it is at 196 F @ 7 AM.
How long can I leave it in these?
Is there a minimum temperature?
Eating is around noon or 1 PM.

I don't know how you have it stored in the cooler and I never use a cooler BUT I do double foil wrap and then wrap in 3 bath towels and set on the counter.

The 3 towel on a counter method keeps my briskets piping hot and ready to serve for 5 hours no problem.
I would imagine that if you have your brisket tightly packed in the cooler with towels so there isn't any space around the brisket and the cooler walls that it would last to 1pm no problem.

I hope this info helps! :)

Well the consensus is my brisket passed with flying colors. Slices, chopped & burnt ends.

Attachments

• 42E90DAA-1E30-407F-828B-BC4128B68AFC.jpeg
    42E90DAA-1E30-407F-828B-BC4128B68AFC.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 263A2FBA-156C-4093-9FAB-7DE39097B5FC.jpeg
    263A2FBA-156C-4093-9FAB-7DE39097B5FC.jpeg
    209.8 KB · Views: 36
  • chopped.JPG
    chopped.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 31
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky