First brisket in a long time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
Just found a whole prime cut 10 lb. brisket at Sam's Club earlier. It has now become today's task to smoke it. Got it seasoned with salt, black pepper, and a dash of MSG. I've found that a little MSG on steaks while reverse searing is phenomenal so I figured it couldn't hurt on a brisket. It is on the smoker now at 200-225* and I will keep you all posted.
Brisket start.jpg

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Sounds great! Brisket is my mission this year. If the brisket starts winning just take a drunken nap and after you’ll be back the fight 😂

Reactions: cronocide
Climbing on the night train... gonna be a long ride at those temps ...
Curious not criticism. Why so low on the temp? I moved to a short run at high smoke (180) then 275 till done. Start at 0600 and on the table same day for supper. no noticeable difference between that and low and slow….except low and slow is overnight or eternal.

Reactions: cronocide
Curious not criticism. Why so low on the temp? I moved to a short run at high smoke (180) then 275 till done. Start at 0600 and on the table same day for supper. no noticeable difference between that and low and slow….except low and slow is overnight or eternal.
Edit: More info.
Just how I've always done them. I know that if I cook at 200-225* they will come out as I intend. I'm a creature of habit. I would be afraid to trial a different temp on an expensive cut of meat.

It is 150* internal now. Figure it will be 160* in another hour and then ill wrap in butcher paper.

Last edited:
It is done! 205* IT, probe tender in flat and point. It is resting in a cooler for a few hours while I get some sleep. Sliced pictures in a few hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky