First Brisket - Great Taste - Could be more tender

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think you just smoked it for too long. Just try smokin for a less amount of time and see how it turns out. I am new to this smoking stuff too it is definately a trial and error type of hobbie. I heard ya had success with the ribs and I am thinkin of doin some myself. Would like to hear what ya did. Thanks!

My first post to all great site w/ very helpful members willing to share & help anyone in need,GoGiants don't clean your smoker just its grates but do keep up on it remove any ash as this will retain moisture ya know what comes w/ this rust, remember its a smoker not an oven keep it seasoned an it'll be fine.

My first post to all great site w/ very helpful members willing to share & help anyone in need,GoGiants don't clean your smoker just its grates but do keep up on it remove any ash as this will retain moisture ya know what comes w/ this rust, remember its a smoker not an oven keep it seasoned an it'll be fine.
I agree with you dustem88. I do clean my grill racks a multiple time a year and always clean the ashes after a smoke. But before I smoke I take my propane torch that hooks up to my grill tank, and just torch the grill in my smoker, not the smoker but the grills in the smoker, to make sure everything is burnt off before smoking. I built my smoker and a friend that worked at a plating company painted my grill. He asked if I left the grills in and I told him no, so they wouldn't be in the way when they painted. He told me to give them to him and he would nickel plate them and I would never have to worry about them rusting. I was told it was food safe. I believe the melt point of nickel is around 1,400 degrees F. So I just torch the heck out of it to remove anything unwanted before I put the meat on the grill. Happy Smoking. I'm a newbie also but it's my opinion.

I think you just smoked it for too long. Just try smokin for a less amount of time and see how it turns out. I am new to this smoking stuff too it is definately a trial and error type of hobbie. I heard ya had success with the ribs and I am thinkin of doin some myself. Would like to hear what ya did. Thanks!
fabiongarcia88 - I used the 3-2-1 method on the ribs.  Many posts in this forum describing that process better than I could.  I used apple wood chips and when I foiled them for step 2 I used a combo of beer and apple juice spritz to keep them moist. I used a rub (put on a couple hours before smoking) and did not sauce, served it on the side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky