First Brisket Flat of 2014

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woodman3

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Kansas
Looks excellent and appears with the smoke ring you got plenty of smoke to it before switching to the oven, nice work!

I was pleased with the smoke ring. I was a bit unsure how it would turn out. We are in the beginning of a very cold snap. Wind blows hard here in Kansas almost all of the time.

Two words come to mind - "wind break".
biggrin.gif

Good work , looks good from here.

Have fun and . . .

I am doing my first brisket on my char broil gas smoker 13 pounds should I use water in the water pan or not how long will it take I'm living in Calif outside temp is 60degrees

Tbarker46

It depends on what temp you cook it at.  I was around 225 to 240 on average.  It took about 9 hours total from start to finish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky