First big smoke results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
Here is a partial result of my smoke from yesterday.The smoker was pretty full and have to say it was a success so far.I decided to do the backbacon bone in and cut into thick chops cutting between ribs.Not for sammies like this, but will be good poached or cooking in some kraut.Will be giving a lot away for stocking stuffers for my kids and a few friends.The hocks are for baked beans or bean soup.I also did two bellies but have not sliced yet as I like them to sit a few days.
The back chops are nice and juicy because of the bone and also because of the fat.All the pork came from a local abbatoir and they are well known around my area for superior pork.
I did have to pull at different times as all items were different thicknesses so it was a lot of work monitoring temps.
Im pretty happy with results and will report on the bellies later.
Thanks to SMF...Pop for the brine and other fridge builders who's threads inspired me.
20191215_112507.jpg
20191215_111706.jpg

Man those smoked chops are money!! Very nice. Gonna be some happy people that get those.

I had the chine bone cut off at the abbatoir to make slicing easier.I took the tenderloin out and then cut into thirds by slicing between ribs and used a small meat saw to get through any bone.I sliced the chops in the same manner.I used my cleaver and handsaw when needed.
The loin sections were in the brine for two weeks and were pumped as full as I could get them before submerging in brine bucket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky